Suriya Kriya & Suriya Shakti
Time & Location
About The Event
SATURDAY, the 12th of May 2018
• 8:00 am – 11.30 am: Surya Kriya Part I.
• 11.30 am – 3.30 pm: BREAK
• 3.30 pm – 7:00 pm: Isha Kriya Meditation & Surya Kriya Part II.
SUNDAY, the 13th of May 2018
• 8:00 am – 12.00 am: Surya Kriya Part III. & Surya Shakti
• 12.00 am – 1.00 pm: lunchtime together (included in price)
• 1:00 pm – 4.30 pm: Afternoon program* including AUM & Isha Kriya Meditation
• 5.00 pm – 7:00 pm : Practicing of Suriya Kriya & Surya Shakti
*Afternoon program includes presentations about Yogic diet & lifestyle, Indian cuisine & recipes, Life in Ashram & India, together activities and much more!
The workshop is designed in such a way that after finishing you will be able to build a custom yoga routine based on your individual needs and schedule. You will learn a complete practice of Surya Kriya, Surya Shakti (under What I teach - Others) as well as AUM chanting and Isha Kriya Meditation.
Benefits of Practicing Surya Kriya
- Develops mental clarity and focus
- Remedies weak constitution
- Boosts vigour and vitality
- Balances hormonal levels in the body
- Promotes sleep, concentration, memory, learning ability & vigilance
- Brings emotional balance and contentment
- Prepares one for deeper state of meditation
Benefits of Surya Shakti:
- Increases the flexibility of the body, strengthens muscles, joints & ligaments.
- Improves functioning of thof the heart, which increases circulation in the system.
- Weight loss/ weight management.
Benefits of AUM Chanting
- Improves mental stability dramatically; stabilizes mind & body.
- Reduces excessive fears, bad dreams & nightmares.
- Increases a capacity to focus on a task; improves decision making.
- Helps to manage the symptoms of concentration disorders.
- Supports your immunity and general health.
Due to the nature of this practice, there are some precautions. People who fall under any of the below categories are not eligible to participate at this time :
- Women who are currently pregnant
- Anyone who has had a major open surgery in the last 6 months
- Anyone who has had a laparoscopic surgery in the last 6 weeks
- Surya Kriya is not suitable for anyone who has hernia
- Age limit is 14 years over
As a general note, always consult and follow your doctor's advice.
Workshop price: 150 GPB. (Students, seniors, bring a friend or register until the 30th of April 10% discount). Lunch on Sunday is included.